Mercury is retrograde from August 12 - September 5, 2017
11.38 Virgo - 28.25 Leo
I like to play it cool with retrogrades. They're regularly timed periods for reflection and revision, after all. But Mercury retro in Virgo and Gemini tends to be more...shall we say noticeable? Back up your computer and access your reserves of patience. We're embarking on a reflective journey to re-organize our lives.
Here are some ways to use the 2017 mercury retrograde in Virgo:
- Revisit your past writing and artwork. You may glean new inspiration from a piece you had forgotten about.
- Plan revisions for this time period. Revising writing will be far more fruitful than beginning a project during these weeks.
- Go minimalist. Virgo loves editing out anything superfluous, in life and art. This is a great time to donate things you no longer want or need.
- Re-organize your office. Go through old files (or file anything at all), create better systems, maybe redecorate a little. By the time the lines of communication are clear, you'll be refreshed and ready.
- Recommit to service. This could mean donating your time or money to a cause you care about, or taking care of friends, family, and neighbors in small ways.
- Reclaim your time. Track how much time you're spending on everything and do a complete audit of your daily and weekly routine. How could you make it more efficient? How could you find more time for yourself and the things you enjoy?
- Reflect on your health. What does healthy living mean to you? Maybe you used to have a meditation practice that slipped, or you really could use more sleep. Virgo retrogrades are an excellent time to recommit to self-care.
How do you plan to use this retrograde?